Friday, June 01, 2007

My Views...

I can be overly opinionated and very critical of things, people, issues, and other things. But I choose not to. Why bother? Everybody has an opinion and some are more vocal than others.

I choose not to be as vocal. Or not be as vocal to people I don't really know or give a damn about. Because what should they care what I think? And why should I tell them?

I've encountered lots of people who will just jump in on any conversation and offer their two cents. This I find rude, specially if they think they are the absolute and only authority on the subject matter. Just freaking annoys the living (and watery) sh*t outta me.

And these people act so damn arrogant, what's up with that? If they think they're better than you they won't even try to get along with you. No thanks, I'd rather not associate with people like that. I've learned how to get along with others, but I draw the line with arrogant sons (and daughters) of soulless b*tches.

I'd rather not get my already short temper up with people like that. I let them be, but stew inside because the world is unfair. Unfair because those vocal, arrogant people usually get ahead of me because lets face it, people in power love seeing "ambitious" people. The latter are usually ambitious not because they want to be the best, but usually because they just crave the power and the glory and the fame. They don't even have to be good at what they do, they just have to look like they're good.

Image is everything, substance is nothing.

Sadly I am more of a substance person than an image person. I'd rather let my actions (and works) speak for themselves. Because I know if I brag or become arrogant, people who are better than me (and I do know that there are more people better than me in higher positions) will see right through the act and look at the work I do. And I'd rather walk the walk than talk the talk.

Anyway enough of that rant, it is Friday today. TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) and, as I learned from my mom, SHABU (Salamat Hesus At Biyernes Ulit).

Everything seems to be falling in place these past few weeks. The "stars are aligning" and all that jazz. My head's getting clearer as to the things I have to do these coming months. Now all that's left is for luck to help me out. Big time.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)