Monday, June 18, 2007

The Metric System

Whoa.

I'm stronger than I thought. Imagined.

This morning I went to the gym. Did the usual workouts, with slightly heavier weights. Why? So my muscles can develop. Anyway, I'm using machines instead of free weights. For the legs (hamstring and quads) I set the weight at 30 now. For calves at 40. Chest press and low row are at 25, and shoulder press at 15.

Here's the thing. I always assumed the weights were in pounds. No problem, I have no qualms admitting I'm a weakling. So for me to be chest pressing 25 pounds, or even calf raising 40 pounds would be amazing. My shoulders are weakest, I can only do 8 reps for the first set then just 4 for the second. At least I was making progress, because I started at the shoulder press machine lifting just 5.

Only the weights weren't it pounds. The weights were in kilograms. I just found out this morning. So I've been lifting a lot more weight than I was expecting. Hence I am apparently stronger than what I was willing to give myself credit.

Even the triceps pushdown. I'm pushing 15 KILOS for 10 reps first set and 7 reps second set. Now I know that may not be much but it is a big improvement.

Sheesh. Kilos. Apparently only the dumbbells at the gym are in pounds. And this morning I was able to lift 20 pounds in concentrated curls. For the left arm 6 reps first set, 3 reps second. The right arm is weaker, 6 reps first set, 1 rep second.

Ah progress. I'm stronger than I thought, and now I think I'll push myself a tad more.

Now if I can only lose my goddamned stomach flab...

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)