Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Goodbyes and Gani

Okay here we go.

I'm at work on a Tuesday. And I was browsing through Chito's blog when I just realized that its been two days since Third left for Australia. For good.

Now I'm not good at goodbyes and stuff. Usually what happens is I see a person for the last time and that's it. Out of sight, out of mind. Usually.

However, since my journey (exile? exodus?) to Naga I've met a group of people who showed me a new way of friendship.

As a little background, I'm not good at keeping friends. Proof? I don't remember my grade school friends, no contact either. High school? Almost the same. I am in contact with about two or so high school friends. But with my high school barkada? Nope. I don't contact them and they don't contact me either. I don't know why. My folks used to tell me to keep in contact and that's what I did. But its either they didn't reply to me or their replies were dry.

I can take a hint. I'm not going to force someone to talk or have contact with me if he/she doesn't want to. So I've dropped my "act", I don't try to keep in contact with those people who don't contact me. I treat them the way they treat me. End of story.

Back to Naga. That's where I met Third, Chito, and Geem. And others. But these three stood out. See, we were all there to study. We shared a common bond (which is for us to know and you to find out). And we became buddies there.

Now I was already expecting that what would happen with my friends there would be the same as before, out of sight, out of mind. Guess not.

Third and Chito were different. In fact I'd say they are some of the people I'd consider true friends. We hung out together, even here in Manila. We met each other's significant others.

And up to now, even after we all graduated separate years we still keep in touch and go out.

That is until last Saturday.

Saturday was the day Third was leaving for Australia to follow his wife, Itin. I'm happy for them. In fact, I told my girlfriend that the reason I didn't look or act sad was because it was wrong. Sino ba ako para ipagka-ila sa kanya ang kaligayahan? But to be honest I am sad. Its slowly sinking in that one of my true friends has left. Hopefully he'll come back to visit, or I'll go to visit.

Anyway. Goodbye and good luck, Third and Itin. You'll never be forgotten. Come to visit or else.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)