Wednesday, April 27, 2022

[914] Dream Bike

The moment you actually get to own and ride your dream bike, it ceases to be your dream bike. It becomes your bike. That leaves you a bike sized hole that will be filled by your next "dream" bike.

This thought popped into my head as I was browsing my youtube recommendations. I saw a few videos with the title "Building my Dream Bike" and it got me thinking. Now you have your dream bike. Is your dream over? Probably not. Now you'll probably dream of another bike, maybe not immediately but most likely it will eventually happen.

New tech comes out. Your preferences change. Stuff happens. Things change. I can attest to this. When I got back to cycling I wanted to build a gravel bike, and for all intents and purposes I did. However now that I've been riding for a few months I realized that maybe, just maybe, I should have built a cyclocross bike.

This isn't that big of an issue for me, since I'm starting to realize that maybe my bike frame was built for cyclocross. It took me a while to think why the frame was called "CX01."

So I guess if I really wanted a cyclocross bike all I have to do is change the tires to 32mm.

Out.