Saturday, April 16, 2022

[913] Bike Gear

There are plenty of things I wish I could afford for my current cycling hobby. While it may be true that I'm still too scared to go far because of the motorists, fellow cyclists, and pedestrians here in the Philippines and specifically Metro Manila, that still isn't stopping me from doing some online window shopping. So here are some wearables I wouldn't mind getting for my bike.

  1. POC Omne Air MIPS helmet in white/orange. This helmet seems pretty visible and stylish while having the MIPS technology that helps make your helmet even safer. The reason why I like POC is because it's the same brand of helmet that Team EF Pro Cycling use, and I'm a big fan of them since I started getting into cycling.
  2. adidas Five Ten Hellcat Pro Mountain Bike Shoes. These shoes also look great and being mountain bike shoes makes them easier to walk in than road bike shoes for the simple reason that the cleats aren't protruding from the sole. Basically I can walk around wearing these shoes and nobody would probably notice that they're cycling shoes. I was actually considering Crankbrothers' Mallet Speed Lace but then my tastes changed.
  3. Shimano PD-M9020 pedals. Now I know I'm not planning on using cleats anytime soon but since this is just a wishlist then we can include these pedals. I was originally thinking of using the Crankbrothers Candy 2 pedals but right now my preferences are leaning towards Shimano.
That's it. Basically just want a nice helmet and shoes that can have cleats in case I decide to go clipless pedals.

Out.