Saturday, March 12, 2022

[907] Cars Yet Again

I've been doing some thinking since I wrote the previous post. While the fuel economy figures of the previous hatchbacks I blogged about are indeed great, I'm worried that they only did the fuel economy test with one adult and no other cargo.

What does this mean? Basically that fuel economy might not be that great if I use those hatchbacks to drive my wife and daughter to their respective places of work and study. I have no idea how much it will be affected by having two more people in the car along with the things they need to bring. I've tried doing casual research on google but so far I haven't found anything concrete about fuel performance.

That brings me to this, maybe I should aim for the slightly bigger cars with the bigger engines. I'm talking about the Toyota Yaris or Vios, the Kia Rio, or even the Hyundai Accent Hatchback. The smallest engine among those cars I mentioned would be on the Yaris and the Vios with a 1.3L engine. The Rio has a 1.4L engine and the Accent has a 1.6L diesel engine if I'm not mistaken.

I should also consider just how safe and stable those small hatchbacks are on the highway.

Out.