Sunday, January 09, 2022

[897] Shoe Game

I'm not saying I need these shoes now, since I honestly think I still have enough shoes that I can use at the moment, but in the event that I need to replace my shoes I'll probably be going for these shoes I'll be blogging about.

First off, let's start with my requirements for my shoes. I need them to be relatively inexpensive, durable, practical, and they would have to also look good for my standards. Basically I plan to use them when I go out, I need to be able to drive with them, ride my bike with them, and if the weather is bad they should at least have decent grip on the pavement.

So my first choice would be Merrell's Tideriser Lace. It looks nice, I can probably get it really wet and it wouldn't break, and I've been hearing good things about Merrell as a brand. I can probably go walking with this as well, but if I really need a dedicated running shoe I'm probably picking Merrell's Agility Synthesis Flex.

Now you're probably wondering why I need a shoe that I can accidentally submerge in water. Well I've experienced times when it suddenly rained so hard that relatively deep puddles form on the ground and there are times you have no choice but to take the plunge. How deep is relatively deep? Enough to soak the inside of your foot.

My next choice isn't as weather-ready as the first one but I like it for aesthetic purposes. It's the New Balance 574. Why this pair? Initial D. Yep, I've read some stuff online saying that the 574s are one of the pairs of shoes Takumi wore in the series. Now I'm not saying I drive as well as Takumi, I just like the shoes.

Actually that's it. I just need two pairs of casual shoes I can use most of the time. Ideally I should also have a pair of black leather shoes I can use for casual and formal occasions. Plus I think I'm too old to play basketball seriously so I don't think I need a dedicated pair of basketball shoes.

Oh and I also want a pair of all-around sandals similar to what I have now. I used to like Birkenstock sandals, I still do. Unfortunately they're very limited in purpose and getting them really wet usually guarantees they break sooner than later. Meanwhile the Sandugo SD1201 sandals I have are still going strong. I probably just need to get either a smaller size or a different model because I'm not as comfortable using it when I drive. The only other Sandugo sandal is the Sinai Adventure Sandal, that has a toe loop which might be what I'm looking for. The only problem is the sandals are so durable that I don't think I need to replace mine anytime soon, and I've had them for well over a decade already.

Out.