Saturday, January 01, 2022

[895] The New Year

To say farewell to 2021 and hello to 2022 I drank red wine last night. It was a cabernet sauvignon given to my wife and I by my best friend. I drank half of the bottle and was pretty hammered.

It was a good kind of hammered though, not the drunk-pick-a-fight-with-anyone type or stumbling-around-the-block drunk. It was the I'm-so-hammered-I'm-going-to-take-a-nap-on-the-sofa-sitting-down type.

So basically after recovering a bit last night I took a bath and went to sleep. I was mildly awaken by my daughter when new year rolled in here in the Philippines, I can't remember if I greeted them back before I feel asleep again.

Then I woke up this morning and find out Betty White passed away. Sheesh.

Anyway this morning I woke up and took a quick bike ride around the subdivision. I barely did 5km before going home, simply because I drank a mug of black coffee before riding and was really thirsty during the whole ride. I drank water before leaving but apparently that wasn't enough. Plus I was also nursing myself from the drinking I did last night.

Anyway it's 2022 and I wanted to welcome the new year with a blog post. No resolutions from me since I never get around to accomplishing them, or even remembering them. I'll just continue on my journey of self-improvement.

Good luck everyone.

Out.