Sunday, March 07, 2021

[871] Hand Washed Underwear

 I recently started hand washing my underwear every night, before taking a bath. I started this a few months ago as a form of me time, as well as to do something that can help take my mind off of things I normally think about.

I stopped for a few weeks because my hands were having a reaction to the soap I was using. However I started this again when I discovered some holes in one of the newer briefs I got. They said it might have gotten snagged in the clothes line. Being the miser that I am, I didn't want to spend again for new underwear when I just bought some six to nine sets of briefs so I decided to hand wash them again.

After washing them I just leave them in the bathroom to dry. It takes around two night to get one brief to dry.

Why am I writing about this? For some people washing clothes, not just underwear, with hands is a very common thing. I've been very lucky that I didn't, and don't, have to do this. As I'm getting older, however, I feel that I should have more life skills that I should have developed when I was younger. I had an easy life growing up and honestly I just wish I was a lot more mature then.

Out.