Saturday, August 01, 2020

[853] Seven Months In

Seven months of 2020 have gone by. Seven long months.

From one perspective I can say it has been amazing, in the sense that I'm learning new things about myself and trying to become a better person. From another perspective it has been hell, because I really had plans this year.

I turned forty this July. I had plans.

I turned forty this July. I'm still learning new things. Not just in work, but in life as well.

I can't wait for the pandemic to end, I can't wait to be able to do things I usually do again. Even if I have to take extra precautions to be able to do them, I can't wait.

Before the quarantine started I was fortunate enough to hang out with one of my best friends. We took an early morning drive to Tagaytay and had breakfast in Santa Rosa. Just hung out for a few hours, chatting about random stuff and just generally catching up on life.

Maybe a week or two later the quarantine started. Things changed, but I'm still surviving. No joke, I'm really grateful I'm still surviving. Despite my usually negative mindset I am aware enough to know I need to find a better way of seeing things. Unfortunately this pandemic hasn't helped me, but I still survive.

Out.