Monday, May 27, 2019

[811] John Wick 3: Parabellum

Last weekend I watched John Wick 3: Parabellum while my wife and daughter watched Aladdin.

John Wick 3 was amazing. There were some scenes I found a bit too violent and/or gory, but it didn't take away from the overall experience. I totally enjoyed the movie.

I was really happy seeing Mark Dacascos in the movie. I know he's been in some movies before, but I never really saw those movies. I knew him best as the Chairman from Iron Chef: America. Seeing his character in the movie had my imagination run wild trying to tie up his character from Iron Chef: America to the one in John Wick.

There was also a fair amount of funny moments, in the sense that they were trying to break the overall mood of the movie and give the audience a breather. Sort of how Avengers: Endgame had some funny moments in an overall intense (I can't think of any other word I can use to describe it) situation.

Anyway that's as much spoilers as I can say, if you can consider that a spoiler. It was a great movie, but there were some really violent parts that I cringed at. I appreciated the acting of everyone involved, they really got me buying in to their characters. I was either really sympathetic to them or I really wished they would get what's coming to them.

Also a special shout out to Boban Marjanovic, the NBA giant who had a scene in the movie. I hope he continues to show up in other movies. He could have a great career in specialized giant roles. Can't wait to see if he can do comedy.

Out.