Monday, August 20, 2018

[786] It Always Comes Back to a Beetle

I find it funny that among all the cars I've ever liked, all the dream cars that I've ever (and will ever) have, it always comes back to the classic Volkswagen Beetle.

Right now my top three dream cars (in order) are 1. any classic Volkswagen Beetle; 2. the Ford GT40 Mk 1 or Mr 2; and 3. Audi RS4 Avant, either B5 or B7. Special mention to the 2019 Suzuki Jimny and the Land Rover Defender 90.

But it always comes back to the Beetle.

It's a dying breed, hard to find a well-cared for Beetle here in the Philippines. If there were well maintained Beetles around, they are being sold for a pretty penny. That's not really an issue for me since I have plans to retro-mod the Beetle.

I could probably afford to buy one, but in terms of reliability and safety I won't be too sure of that. Neither will I be sure how rust-free it is or how well it was maintained.

Most of the car related videos I search for in youtube are about the Beetle. Second would be the Suzuki Samurai since my dad and I have been planning on fixing up his Samurai, but that's a different story for some other time.

Out.