Friday, August 10, 2018

[784] Challenges

I guess that book was far more helpful than I thought. I still haven't finished reading it.

Right now life has once again thrown a curve ball. Normally I would have been freaking out by now, but ever since I started reading the book I mentioned in my last blog post, I haven't freaked out as bad as usual.

I won't say it's because I've given up and will just take things as they come, because that's not really how I felt when this new set of challenges came up. It was more of an acceptance that this challenge has already begun and that I will have no choice but to go through this. How I go through this is the crucial thing.

I guess once in a while I will most likely revert to my old self. The one who will bitch and complain and ask why things like these happen to me. Like the book says, though, I will always have a choice on how to react. And it is my responsibility to overcome these challenges however I can. Or at least, that's how I understand it.

I am definitely going to read this book again, and again, as long as I start to feel bad or depressed. It gives me perspective, and it will keep me focused on what I have to do to keep myself stable.

Out.