Tuesday, March 06, 2018

[766] Learning New Software

I recently started learning Substance Painter by Allegorithmic. This is part of research we're doing for work. I think it's a bonus.

I was always curious about using this from my time in KLab Cyscorpions. I had seen our 3D modelers using this software for their personal projects and had gotten curious about it as well. Sadly things did not go as planned and I was not able to learn this during my time there. I had all but forgotten it until now.

Now I am taking the chance to learn this software, and I am enjoying it. I still have no idea if my modeling, unwrapping, and texturing techniques are still effective in the current state of 3D modeling. However I'm still giving it a go since I relish the opportunity to learn something new.

There are times it gets frustrating, but I can't be an old dog who refuses to learn new tricks.

Out.