Monday, February 19, 2018

[765] Not Another Car Post

It has been a while since I last posted about cars. Well, here we go again. Time to post the top three cars I would like to own, right now, here in the Philippines. In order.

  1. Honda Jazz, 1st or 2nd generation (GD or GE), 1.5L engine, automatic transmission. This is the most practical car of the three and the one I would really love to own right now. Why 1st or 2nd generation? It's small enough, it still has that amazing interior that can accomodate almost any kind of cargo provided it can fit in the car, and honestly I've checked prices of 2nd hand units and they are pretty affordable.
  2. Volkswagen Beetle Classic. I know someone who recently sold his Beetle for around PhP40,000.00 and I was half disappointed I didn't know about it. There are many problems with owning a classic Beetle including maintanance, parts, and the typical lack of airconditioning.
  3. BMW E30 or E34, 4-door or station wagon. For BMW purists, I would specifically prefer a 320i / 520i or higher for either the sedan or touring versions. Ever since I met a few car guys who were BMW fans I became a fan as well. Why the older models? Because I honestly think they look the best.
So there you have it. The top three cars I would like to own. If ever I do get to own a car, any car, my first priority would be making sure the car is reliable and in good condition to be daily driven. That includes making sure brake pads, discs, and drums are not worn out. The engine should have no leaks and it should be running well. The suspension should be in good condition. There should be no electrical problems. Once those are done then the next thing I would focus on would be to make sure there are no rust spots anywhere. If there are, I would make sure to have them fixed.

Once all those above are done, then and only then would I start modifying the car. But that's for another blog post some other day.

Out.