Saturday, October 17, 2015

My Thoughts on Lamar Odom

I've been a Lamar Odom fan since he was drafted by the Clippers in 1999. The reason I became a fan was because of his cover story in SLAM magazine.
Pic taken from SLAM magazine's website.
I was a relatively tall, left-handed Filipino youth entering my 20s and I still loved to play. Chris Webber was still my number one favorite player (and to this day he still is) and while I tried to emulate his post up and rebounding game, I knew I hated contact too much and I wanted to handle the ball too much.

Lamar Odom changed all of that. I had never seen anyone that tall handle the ball from back court and make it seem easy. And no, I actually can't count Magic Johnson since I was too young to appreciate his game.

Watching him grow as a player in Miami, then move to the Lakers, I could not help but be happy for him. He deserved his successes, specially since he was such a team-first character.

Odom was amazing, and as he fights for his life now I would just like to say that I still am a fan. I still believe in Lamar, and I hope for the best.

Out.