Saturday, May 16, 2015

Thanks for Everything, BB King

Yesterday night, local time, I was browsing Facebook when I saw a post mentioning BB King's passing. As I usually do when I read about something big on Facebook, I quickly search the internet to confirm if it is true or not.

Sadly it was true.

Now, I'm not a hardcore blues fan. I do know some blues artist, mostly because of stuff I used to read in Guitar World. I did keep reading about this amazing blues guitarist who had an iconic guitar. His name was BB King. I was fascinated enough about his music I actually bought a "best of" CD when I was in high school.

Believe it or not, I actually listened to that CD. Quite a number of times, to be honest. I did enjoy his music, and I found my share of personal favorite songs on that CD. My top three BB King favorites were "Caldonia," "The Thrill is Gone," and "Lucille."

Thanks for the music, Mr. Riley B. King. Thank you for all the contributions you gave this world, and thank you for opening my mind to another type of music. May you keep on jamming up there in heaven.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)