Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Road Trips, A Big Announcement, and Reminiscing

It's that time of the year again for my parents' (not-quite) annual Northern Road Trip. This time though I was a bit concerned since their route will make them chase after Typhoon Dodong (internation name: Noul).

Fortunately they've arrived at their first stop-off point and will spend the night there, as they usually do. Tomorrow they continue their northern road trip and hopefully by the time they head off tomorrow the typhoon will have left the islands of the Philippines.

I must admit that I am quite jealous I was not able to go with them this year. Recent events caused me to miss my chance. What event? I accepted a job offer from a multinational game development company and I filed my resignation.

What this means is I'm basically finishing my tasks at my current employer and training my replacement. So I can't really take a week off to go with my folks, as much as I would like to. I'll be finishing my term with AutoPerformance Ph near the end of May, so I have little time to finish everything.

The impending career change is basically what I was getting at in my previous blog but at the time I felt I should not announce it publicly.

Now, however, the die hast been cast. The deed (resignation) has been done.

I had a blast with my current company, AutoPerformance Ph Inc. I still am having a blast, actually. My passion and knowledge for cars grew by leaps and bounds, as well as my attitude and maturity. I learned a lot about life aside from new skills I learned as a sales coordinator then supply chain officer.

Unfortunately I am a 3D artist, and the call of going back to creatives was too great to ignore. I had an opportunity to return and had to take it, for reasons greater than just quenching my creative thirst.

Out.