Monday, March 30, 2015

A Much Needed Break

I cannot wait for the Holy Week vacation to start.

The reason is very simple, it's basically a four-day weekend. And Maica, Martina, and I are planning to make the most of that very long weekend.

Don't get me wrong, nothing's wrong right now. Work is going along smoothly, and things are all fine. It's all just a matter of perspective, and lately I've been doing a conscious effort of catching myself whenever I start feeling down, worried, angry, or negative.

But I am tired. My biggest gripe about my current job is the six-day work week. It's tiring, and one day of "rest" isn't enough. The funny thing is, while I do miss Saturdays and Sundays off, I bet I won't know what to do should I get the opportunity to find another employer that has five-day work weeks.

I have adjusted to six-day work weeks. It doesn't mean I like them, but I'm used to them already. I'd probably feel lost for a few weeks or months with a five-day work week.

As always, long weekends are a great way to recharge your body, your mind, and your spirit. It is a chance to bond with family and make sure you are ready to report to work the next week with a clear head and a desire to hit the ground running again.

So here I am, sort of excited to tackle Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I want to get those days over with so I can finally take four days off.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)