Sunday, February 08, 2015

The Classic Volkswagen Beetle

No matter how many dream cars I write about, in the end everything always, always ends up right back to the classic Volkswagen Beetle.

It could be because it would be the most affordable and the easiest to obtain. Parts might be hard to come by, but with the number of automotive surplus stores in the Metro Manila area, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find the right parts.

But why the Beetle? Considering I hated it as a child, I don't know either. Maybe it's a symbol of how I should live my life. How can I see this? Let's just say I guess it's about the destination. It's about having a blast getting to where you want to go and enjoying the trip.

I don't know how true that applies now, but whenever I dream of going on long road trips around Luzon I always imagine it being done inside a classic Beetle (converted to a Baja Bug, but still). Cruising along at a decent pace, where you can still enjoy the scenery as you go by. I guess this is as romantic as I can get.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)