Monday, February 16, 2015

Sleep

I've sort of discovered that my body needs around six hours of sleep at night.

I'm not saying that's what I need for the whole day, since I usually take a nap during my lunch break. I'm just saying even if my alarms are turned off I usually wake up after six hours of sleep.

It's funny. A few weeks ago I slept for about three hours. I'll admit I couldn't get enough sleep because I was thinking too much about work related stuff. In short, I was stressed out. But that's not the story.

So I spent most of the day in a drained state. I tried to take a nap every break, and was able to survive the day. I decided that I would sleep early, maybe a little past 8pm.

As a quick aside, I usually sleep around 10pm and wake up around 4:30am. My wife and I prefer leaving for work early (5:30am) so we can avoid traffic.

Anyway I fall asleep around 8:30pm. It was a deep, tired sleep. Then I wake up around 3am. Wide awake. Refreshed. And still about one-and-a-half hours too early. And try as I might, I could not go back to sleep.

The only solution to that problem was to sleep my usual time, and I did. And I woke up at my usual 4:30am.

So yes, I only need around six hours of sleep a night. Then I insert a couple of naps during the day. I guess that's how my body works for now.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)