Sunday, April 14, 2013

No Comparison

When you hear older people say that they had it tougher during their time, when you hear that our generation (and the succeeding generations) are "quitters" because they never experienced anything harsh, is it fair? Can you really compare it?

I think not. Times change, and situations change also. You cannot compare how life was like when you started working twenty years ago to the time I am experiencing now. Why? Because the people that surround me are not the same as the people that surrounded you.

So why I am writing this? Because I am honestly nearing the end of my straw. I don't consider myself a quitter, but I don't consider myself stupid either. My emotional state is being greatly affected by things I can easily point out, does this make me weak if I want to cut ties with it? No.

The only thing preventing me from shedding this source of negativity is the fact that I haven't found an exit plan yet.

But another thing is making me wonder, perhaps it's all me? My lack of self-confidence, my lack of a backbone, could those be making me this neurotic person I am now? Do I think too much?

I have no idea, but I do know that based on how I see things, I was set in this path with very little room for error, and very high expectations. Either from myself or from others. But it isn't helping me out one bit.

Perhaps I bit off more than I could chew? But even if I did, I asked for a way out as early as January, only the asnwer to my request left me stuck between a rock and a hard place.

So I guess I'm a quitter, if I push through with my plans, right? Nope. Because I never quit on my family, and I am looking for better opportunities so we can live a better life. I've been patient the past five years, always being nice and trying to negotiate for things I feel I earned. I never got them, so I guess that makes me stupid. I've been denied at least four times I can remember, and I still stuck to my guns.

I just need a new opportunity.

Out.