Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Five Cars of All-Time

Yesterday I was at a friend's house and he asked me a question of what my top five cars of all time are. Of course, this question stumped me. I dished out five different cars, and I won't be surprised if I changed my mind about my top five in a few years. Days even. So here they are, in no particular order, plus an explanation why I like that particular car.


Ford GT40


My infatuation with this car started when I was playing Gran Turismo 2. At the time it reminded me of Speed Racer's Mach Five. It was extremely difficult to drive, and I took it as a personal challenge to "tame the beast" and use it successfully. And I did. I managed to race it to victory in, among other races, an endurance race. And I never spun out. Since then It's been a personal favorite of mine. I honestly think the Ford GT did it justice. This one most definitely won't be removed from my top five cars of all-time.


Nissan R34 Skyline


A monster. Looks nice, strong engine, very intimidating car. I was fortunate enough to be able to ride a Nissan R32 GTS-t Skyline.


2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi


I have a specific year for this car. This is the STi that a lot of people like. It can seat four to five adults, it can most likely go toe-to-toe with some high end sports cars, and it looks real nice. This is the perfect compromise, in my opinion, of a supercar and a family car.


Volkswagen Beetle


Not the New Beetle. The old one. The classic. But, if you've read previous posts, I want to turn this into a pseudo Baja Bug type car.


Volkswagen Kombi / Sambabus


Another classic. And I would love to do a restoration / modification on it. Add different modern tech on it so it would still work well in today's times.


And those are the five cars I could think of at the time.


Out.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)