Saturday, April 30, 2011

The British Royal Wedding

Yesterday was the wedding of Prince Charles to Kate Middleton.


The coverage here in the Philippines was mad. Local free channels, local cable channels all showed broadcasts of the Royal Wedding. International cable channels featured Royal Wedding Week themed programs.


So why is everyone so obsessed with the Royal Wedding?


With all due respect to the happy couple, but I was not interested in their wedding. First, I'm not British. Second, The Philippines isn't a British Commonwealth. Third, I'm a guy. It's not really my thing to watch this.


I'm pretty sure there are other countries with royal families there, but they don't get the same amount of coverage. Maybe it's because it's the British royal family. I really don't know.


I'm more interested in what's going on in Syria. But I guess people are looking for anything nice, happy, and positive to cheer for rather than getting depressed with news of war. But that's just me.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)