Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Dinner

Quick food post.


Last night my wife and I had Valentine's dinner at Thousand Cranes Restaurant in Greenbelt 3. It's a shabu-shabu place that we've been to a few times before.


For those not in the know, shabu-shabu is basically cooking your food in a hot broth. That's it. If you want to know more, google it. Or check wikipedia.


I do love shabu-shabu. I have no idea why, since technically all you're paying for at the restaurant is the ingredients, the use of the cooking facilities, and the place. You don't pay them to cook the food since you cook it yourself. And like a friend of mine once said, "I don't eat in shabu-shabu places because I think it's stupid to pay a restaurant where you have to cook your own food."


I disagree with my friend. Cooking is pretty fun. I enjoy making the food taste the way I want it. I like having to cook without having to prepare the ingredients and wash up after. And I like the fact that if the food tasted bad, it was mostly my fault since I cooked it.


Anyway, my wife and I had a wonderful time. We both got full, we had a nice time together, and it was a blast.


Now excuse me, I have to cook our dinner now.


Out.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a place in my area called Pho. They make everything in a broth with a mixture of differents meats, veggies, and noodles. All oriental of course, my fav! Reading your blog made me plenty hungry! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)