Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Old Man in KFC and Angelo Reyes

Lunch yesterday was weird.

While in line at KFC an old man started talking to me (and everyone else in the line) about what happened to the late Angelo Reyes. For those not in the know, he committed suicide because he  allegedly received a P50 million pabaon after he left the military.

This old man was saying how proud he was to be a Filipino. How honorable Angelo Reyes was when he committed suicide. How it was Reyes' wife's fault, how she was the one behind the corruption. He even told me that Imelda was the cause of Ferdinand Marcos' woes. For proof he asked me how many of Marcos' siblings got rich.

I tried to smile politely while ignoring him. I did not want to argue with an old man during my 1 hour lunch break. But had I decided to let him know what I think, this is what I would have said.

Angelo Reyes is a coward. He took the easy way out by killing himself, and by killing himself I think he just proved that he is guilty of something. He's running away from his problems. And if he were a Roman Catholic he'd be committing a very grave sin against God.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)