Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Would If I Could

Right. It's 11:23pm and I'm at work waiting for some renders to be done. Looks like I'll be staying here for the night. Not that I mind...

I was actually looking forward to this night. I knew the possibility of a sleepover (if you could call it that, more like workover) at work was high, because I need to finish something for a project which is due tomorrow.

After a good dinner with my director and colleague I was ready to hit warp speed with what I'm doing. I had a plan of attack, and I knew how to resolve the problem.

Except my stupid workstation doesn't want to cooperate.

Understand, this is a pretty cool PC. It's fast and it's built for 3D. Dual core AMD processor, 2GB of RAM, a video card dedicated to doing 3D (one of them nVidia Quadro super expensive video cards that work well with Maya but isn't for games). But my PC is a lemon.

Ever since I got it it has been rebooting on its own, very sudden. Batch rendering in Maya isn't reliable as it can't seem to finish a whole batch render. Either it gets a fatal error or it says the rendering is complete, when in fact it is not. It won't even render sometimes.

So what am I getting at?

I'm pissed, and frustrated. My old single core PC was more reliable than this crap-heap I call a workstation. The sad part is this is only happening to my workstation. My officemates with the dual cores all have reliable PCs.

I can't even render simple particles right now.

And here I thought I could finish what I was supposed to do.

Dammit.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)