Thursday, July 20, 2006

Singapore!!!

So I was sent over to Singapore with some officemates of mine to participate in the CG Overdrive last July 14-16, 2006. We were there July 13 at night and we went home July 17 around lunch.

Did I get to see sights? Nope. We arrived too late and left too early. No windows for sightseeing. The conference was from 10am-7pm at the Expo, which was around a thiry minute MRT ride from most major malls and whatnot. So I didn't get to go around much.

We did see Geylang, shopped at Bugis and Orchard. Went to two branches of Kinokoniya (or whatever the hell that bookstore's name is, I personally call it Kiki-ni-Mia). I managed to buy an artbook and a Heavy Metal magazine I was looking for. Ate good food.

Singapore's cool. Saw some nice cars, like the RX-8 which greeted us right out of the airport.

And fortunately at the Expo a car show opened up around Sunday, so my officemates and I saw this nice Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII designed by Jackie Chan for Firesports. Or something like that.

Singapore was nice. Saw lots of great cars. Mostly dominated by Honda Jazzes, Hyundai Tucsons, Subaru Imprezas (yes, Imprezas - that place was loaded with Scoobys), and some Mitsubishi Evos. Great place, Singapore is.

Can't say much anymore. It was an enjoyable experience. I'll probably try to write a new blog about my travel soon.

Out.

1 comment:

  1. gani i just read your last two posts about your grandmother passing away and how you think that affected your troubled thoughts. i just wanted to thank you for sharing that. it was good to read. it was candid and brave and nicely-written too. belated. glad you enjoyed singapore.

    willi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)