Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh, No! Not Another Car Post!!!

Yes, it's time for another car post. Why? Because I'd like to write on this blog again, and I can't think of anything to write. So here we go.


Volkswagen Kubelwagen. 

What about it? Right now I'm thinking this would be an ideal car for the Philippine roads. To be more specific, Metro Manila roads.


Let me tell you why I think this would be a good car.


First, it has good ground clearance. Perfect for flooded areas. And you don't have to worry about accidentally scraping the bottom because of a sudden pothole or if the humps are too steep.


Next, it seems small but spacious. It has four doors, something you don't have on a classic VW Beetle. It can seat four people. Maybe five if they're thin or small. The "trunk" is at the front of the car, and it looks like it can fit a few overnight bags or groceries.


Then you have the engine. According to wikipedia, the Kubelwagen has two engines to choose from: a 985cc engine and a 1,131cc engine. I'm guessing since this is a Volkswagen you can easily upgrade the engine and get a bigger displacement one from a Beetle. I'm guessing this won't be that much of a gas guzzler seeing as how it's also a relatively light vehicle.


But wait, it's a convertible. Plus it has no air-conditioning. These two things are important to factor in because of the high heat and humidity of the Philippines. But with today's technology it won't be too much of a problem to either install an air-conditioning unit in the car, or to find a way to insulate the car to take care of the heat problem.


If you know me well you'll know that I used to have a "Holy Trinity" of classic cars I'd like to own, restore, and modify. These three were all Volkswagens. The VW Kombi, the VW Beetle, and the VW Karmann Ghia. But now it looks like a fourth VW is joining my group of dream cars. The Volkswagen Kubelwagen.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)