Saturday, June 17, 2023

[997] New SRAM Apex Groupsets

Yesterday evening I saw a youtube video from Ben Delaney about SRAM's new Apex 1x groupset. If I understood it right, Apex is SRAM's lowest tier groupset which makes it relatively affordable. I also checked online and found more interesting news about this new release of Apex groupset.

Now I'm not too familiar with SRAM products but I'm really curious about this if I do end up having enough disposable income to actually afford an Apex groupset. I'm aiming for the mechanical shifting with hydraulic brakes, as usual, because I think mechanical is better for how often I ride, which is close to zero nowadays.

I'm intrigued with the Bike Radar article mentioning that you can use Shimano HG cassettes for the groupset. I'm also curious about the possible range of cassettes you can use depending on what rear derailleur you decide to get.

Based on Ben Delaney's video I'm preferring a 40T chainring with 10-44T cassette. It's in a similar range with my current chainring and cassette.

And as an added bonus you can apparently also get a really cheap power meter with the groupset. Interesting times indeed. Now how can I save enough for this?

Out.