Friday, June 03, 2022

[920] Time

We spent last weekend at my folks' house in the province. Time seems to move differently there.

It's probably because we were out of the city. Sure it's not as rural as you'd expect. The pace of things there just seems more mellow and relaxed versus staying here in Metro Manila.

It is louder there. There's a multitude of vehicles driving about, mostly with really, really loud exhaust systems. Motorcycles, cars, trucks, you name it and more often than not they'll be equipped with some aftermarket "fart cans" that make them very, very hard to ignore.

And yet it is also that noise that helps keep the place mellow. I can't quite explain it. It's just that time seems to move slow and fast at the same time in the province. It felt like I had spent so much time working or hanging out, and yet at the same time it also felt like the four days and three nights we spent there were just that fast.

It was great to go there to decompress, and I'm looking forward to going back so I can decompress again. Hopefully I'll be able to bring my bike along next time so I can ride and explore the province.

Out.