Saturday, December 11, 2021

[893] Bike Upgrades / Replacements

Not that I'm planning on doing it any time soon since I need to be tight with my budget for in-real-life reasons, but here are some things I would love to get as upgrades or replacements for my bike.

  1. High end smartwatch with heart rate monitoring and GPS, a cadence sensor, speed sensor, and a power meter. I want to know what zones I'm in whenever I ride, even if it's just inside the subdivision. My past few rides have had faster average speeds so I guess that means I'm getting stronger. I still want to be able to see how my performance is and I think all these sensors can tie in with either a smartwatch or all of them will tie in to my mobile phone.
  2. A modern, advanced bike computer with GPS. Yeah this serves the same purpose as the smartwatch. I'd rather have a small GPS device so I can go around and not get lost. I don't need to pull my phone out to look at a map. Or I can tie it all with the smart watch and mobile phone so that hopefully the data will be as accurate as possible. I honestly don't know.
  3. New saddle. A third one basically. My first saddle was too short. The current one I'm using is gel filled and seems okay but aesthetically it doesn't look sleek. So yes, a very shallow reason.
  4. Cycling shorts with gel padding. I really need these, even in my rides here if I have the wrong shorts on it gets uncomfortable riding around.
  5. Flared drop bars. I was a noob on the online shopping app I used when I bought parts for my bike. I'm not saying my drop bars aren't good, they're great actually. I do want to have flared bars in the event I finally get to go off road. Then again I can pretend I've got a cyclocross bike instead, except my tires are too wide.
  6. Fenders. I'm just making my bike heavy but I really like the classic fender look for my bike. Unfortunately because of my 38mm tires I don't think I can fit them on my bike anymore.
Those are some of the upgrades I'd like to do to my bike. Unfortunately my bike isn't even six months old and I've already got a bad case of upgrade-itis. So I'll basically just day dream and stay happy with what I currently have. I would love to improve myself as a cyclist and hopefully finally be able to go riding around Metro Manila.

I'm just really, really scared of other motorists here because this place is crazy.

Out.