Friday, August 20, 2021

[883] Pandemic Musings

Today marks the last day of our ECQ (extended community quarantine) I believe this was done to help curb the rising rates of infection because of the Delta Variant of Covid-19. We spent about two weeks in this stricter version of our community quarantine.

Times have been really tough. I do feel bad for my daughter having to go through this pandemic. She hasn't been out of the house that often and I think she hasn't physically seen her friends in over a year.

Now I do know the line, "what does not kill you only makes you stronger," and while I try to be optimistic, it is still personally very draining for me to go through life as it has been happening. I am more than willing to admit that the pandemic has taken its toll on me mentally and emotionally, and no matter how I try to keep things together there are times that I just want to give up.

And to quote Metallica, "... that soothing light at the end of the tunnel is just a freight train coming your way." So while I try to remain optimistic about the future, I can't help but live in dread and anxiety about what's going on right now.

Everyone get vaccinated, stay safe, and be careful and hope for the best because that's all we can do now.

Out.