Monday, August 02, 2021

[882] Belated Birthday Wishlist

I've been pretty busy these past few weeks dealing with personal and work stuff that I totally forgot to write my annual birthday wishlist. So here's a belated one, that we can probably also consider as my Christmas gift wishlist. So here we go.

  1. GoPro Standard Grill Mount 2.0 - I found out about this from one of the cycling youtubers I watch, Dustin Klein. Plus I also someone else using the same mount, if not another similar mount. I got my dad's old GoPro Hero (yes, the very first version) and I can use this while I cycle. If I can actually get the stamina and guts to cycle outside of my village.
  2. A gravel bike that's actually a real gravel bike. I've noticed some budget gravel bikes being sold locally and while they are indeed affordable, I have a bad feeling they're just ordinary road bikes fitted with the thickest tires the frame and fork can allow. I'd rather bide my time to find the right gravel bike frame for myself rather than buying cheap, getting used to them, then replacing them.
  3. A new gaming desktop (or laptop). Ideally a desktop since I can build it and if problems happen parts can be easily replaceable. Worst case scenario would be a gaming laptop but after everything I've experienced with my current gaming laptop, I'd rather have a desktop despite power consumption being higher and portability being an issue.
  4. A new car! I'm not even wishing for really expensive cars. I just want a nice car that can have a roof-mounted bike rack. If you want really affordable it can be the Suzuki S-Presso, the bigger yet practical Suzuki Ertiga, or the Kia Stonic that would be the closest to look to the Rav4 I currently drive. Or if we're talking about any car then make it the Audi RS4 Avant.
  5. Power tools. We can start with two basic power tools. A good friend of mine sent me that link and it seems like a good idea to start with a cordless drill and a circular saw. I'd probably be able to do a couple of DIY cabinets for the house.
That's it for now. I can't think of anything else I'd want right now.

Out.