Tuesday, January 26, 2021

[867] One Car Garage

I like to write about cars, that much is obvious. I also like to daydream about cars I wish I could own. So here we go again. A list of cars I would love to own if I had the money to buy them. I am basing all prices from Autodeals' website. They are my go-to local website for prices and specs of cars as well as online window shopping used cars. Because that's all I can do, look online.

My categories for my choices will be practicality and fit for the streets of Metro Manila. It should also be capable of going on roads trips, long and short, to visit other places in the Philippines. Finally, it should be available locally through a dealer. I'm listing down brand new cars, not second-hand ones. So here we go again with yet another list.

The attainable one. The Suzuki S-Presso. I could probably be able to afford this car with the price. And I really, really like the way this car is. It is exactly what I like in a car, practical and nice looking. It can seat around four to five people, and you can probably fix the space problem by installing roof rails and a roof basket / cargo carrier. Size is small enough that you won't have problems in parking spaces, ground clearance is tall enough that you won't scratch the bottom on tall humps and you'd probably be safe slowly driving over potholes that you can't avoid.

Less than PhP1 million. As far as I know all models of the Suzuki Ertiga still cost below one million. Decent size, can seat seven people if needed. With five people you have great cargo space. Again, you could probably add roof rails and a roof basket or cargo carrier if you want more storage. I think you just have to have it registered to carry cargo on the roof if they haven't changed the laws here.

Anything over PhP1 million. The Toyota Innova. The price range is so vast you can get some for a little over (or under?) one million to almost two million. So pick your variant, type of fuel, and transmission. The Innova has good ground clearance, is pretty practical, and can seat five to seven people. Again, an excellent practical choice.

So there you have it, my practical car choices. You'll notice I didn't include my personal favorite Honda Jazz in the list. It may also be practical, fun to drive, and nice to look at, but at the end of the day you can only fit five people there. Sure, there are only three of us in the family but I honestly believe the extra seating or storage space is better just in case you have other people riding with you or if you're going on a long road trip.

Out.