Thursday, February 20, 2020

[836] Two Car Garage 2020 Alternatives Edition

Wow, it only took a day and I already have an alternative pair of cars I have in mind. Yes, I'm writing yet another blog post about what cars I would pick if I had a two car garage.

Don't worry, I'm still following the rules I set yesterday. The cars should still be available here through a local dealer, they should be practical, and they should not be the same brands. So here we go.

Suzuki Ertiga GL AT - Yup. I'm switching this alternative edition to something more practical. As of writing this Ertiga variant costs less than PhP900,000.00 and it can seat maybe seven or so adults, depending on their height. Powered by a 1.5L engine it may not have as much power and torque as the BR-V I chose yesterday, but with how I drive I don't think that will be too much of an issue.

Honda Jazz 1.5 V CVT - My practical dream car. This one also costs less than PhP920,000.00 according to their website as of writing. I've always wanted to own a Honda Jazz because of the fact that the seat configuration is just so damn practical and amazing. Folding the seats the right way can allow you to still have one passenger and maybe a load of cargo.

These two cars are the cheaper, and possibly more practical, alternative to yesterday's choices. Between the Ertiga and the BR-V you have nearly the same amount of seating and cargo capacity, with the latter only having higher ground clearance and better engine power and torque figures for roughly over PhP100,000.00 more.

As for the Jazz and the Jimny, the Jazz wins in cargo and seating capacity. The Jimny wins if I decide to go off-roading. Both are cars I want.

So why don't I just pick the Jazz and the Jimny for my two car garage? Why do I keep picking a 7-seater as one of the cars?

Practicality. While there are only three of us, I still consider having extra seating a key since there will be times we will be going out with my parents, or possibly go out with my wife's mom. Plus that huge cargo space with the rear-most seats folded will allow us more space to pack stuff should we decide to go on a road trip.


Anyway here are some other two car combinations in case you were wondering. I'd prefer all of them to have automatic transmission if possible.


  • Honda Jazz and Suzuki Jimny. Two of the cars I've always wanted. Sacrifices cargo and people carrying capacity.
  • Heavily retro-modded classic Beetle and a BMW E30 Touring. Two German cars. Two cars I've also always wanted to own, or in the E30's case, always wanted to own since 2014.
  • Subaru Levorg 2.0GT-S EyeSight and Jeep Renegade. Too expensive, I have no idea how much it costs to maintain both, I have no idea how much they will both re-sell. Too uncommon that they will both stick out on the roads when I'd rather blend in.
  • Toyota Innova Diesel and Subaru WRX. The Innova was too expensive to be the main choice but is still very practical. The WRX is just a practical sports car, not that I can unleash the beast except if I go on track days.
And those are some other car combinations I'd want for a two-car garage. Sure I can mix and match any of them but just to write down the reasons why I chose to pair them this way or that is a whole other post.

Out.