Monday, November 04, 2019

[823] New Shoes!!!

Last November 2, 2019 I bought a pair of New Balance Fresh Foam Vero Racer Running Shoes in a black and gold colorway. Today I took a brisk, recorded morning walk and did my usual pace of around 10 minutes per kilometer. I last did my brisk morning walk around August so the pace is still there. And surprisingly, so is my stamina.

I've been in the market for a new pair of walking shoes since my old Pumas are very worn down and have holes near where my pinky toes are. They lasted two good years. I was planning on checking out the local Payless in Power Plant Mall since they sell those relatively cheap Champion sneakers that were one of my very first pairs of walking shoes. Sure they didn't have advanced sneaker technology but they were light, had great grip, and served the purpose as a walking shoe.

My family and I decided to go window shopping and we ended up in Planet Sports where I decided to look at the shoes New Balance had to offer. The pair I bought were actually the very first pair of sneakers I got drawn to not only because of the colorway but also because it looks good if I wear it as a casual sneaker.

Anyway we find out that if I use a certain bank's credit card the products in the store are discounted, with New Balance giving 20% discount. Luckily for me I also have that credit card. So we decided to look around first and have lunch before going back to buy the shoes.

We also got Martina a new pair of sneakers for her PE in school. The brand we got for her gave 25% discount when using the credit card. So basically I went over budget for a shoe with better features. I hope this pair will last me for at least two years.

Out.