Thursday, January 10, 2019

[799] Skip Rope

I recently purchased a cheap skipping rope. I've not been in the mood to go walking lately because of all the road works going on inside our subdivision. My usual routes are blocked off and I really don't enjoy finding a new route. Like I said, I'm a creature of habit.

Anyway I got the skipping rope because I want to vary what little exercise I get here at home. I'm too lazy to use my kettlebells often so I thought trying skip rope will help.

I first started last Sunday and I can't skip more than eight or so times. I did keep trying though. The aftermath was expected. My calves were sore until yesterday, Wednesday. Sure I could walk but when I tried to skip rope last Tuesday it was too painful and I had no lift.

So I tried again earlier this morning. I decided to take a video of myself so I could see my form and to record any possible progress. Like I said in my youtube video, I think I still jump too high and of course I need to build my stamina up. Hopefully I can keep this up and improve my skip rope skills.

Out.