Saturday, April 30, 2016

[721] The Lite Ace

Allow me to reminisce about one of my folks' previous cars. A 1993 Toyota Lite Ace GXL. I think I've written about it before, but I want to write about it again.

In hindsight, it was one of the ideal family cars. It had good interior space for five with the rear seats folded. It was relatively compact outside, having relatively small exterior dimensions. The only negatives I could think of with the Lite Ace were lack of power for the engine, weak air conditioning, and the middle sliding windows were a security concern.

The Lite Ace might have benefited from a few costly modifications. Sadly we don't have the resources for it. What would I have done? Engine swap to a more modern, efficient, and powerful engine. Improve the air conditioner. Upgraded brakes. Basically whatever mods I want to do to other dream cars of mine.

Anyway the Lite Ace is gone, sold to someone else. So all I can do is reminisce and dream.

Out.