Sunday, January 17, 2016

[711] Two-Bedroom Apartment in Rome

During our 2009 European holiday our first stop was Rome, Italy. It was my first time ever in Europe, and I remember that we arrived very, very late in our apartment. I think our apartment was located in Via Angelo Emo, though I really can't remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it's one of these four rectangular buildings you can see in the map below.



It was in the second or third floor of an apartment complex in an area very near the Vatican. Once you entered you walked into a common area that had the kitchen, a small dining table, and if you looked behind you to your left there was a reading area you could relax in.


Apartment in Rome
The kitchen and dining areas, to the right the door to the bedrooms.
Apartment in Rome
The living room area, to the left is the entrance. The curtained area opens to a small balcony.
Go past the only door and you would be in a small hallway with the bathroom to the left, the "master's bedroom" to the right, and on the front left was the other bedroom, that had two single beds. This was where I slept.


Apartment in Rome
The master's bedroom.
Apartment in Rome
The other bedroom, aka, the room I slept in.
I don't have as many fond memories of this apartment. I didn't "fall in love" with it like I did the one in Paris. I did appreciate this apartment because of the layout, and because of how practical the design was.

Unfortunately at the time we went there I did not take photos of the bathroom. I think I was still starting to get interested with "interior design," "architecture" or whatever term you would have for it. Let's just say I was just starting to take note about how rooms were laid out, how big they should be, how practical the designs should be.

I'm not sure if there was even a small walk-in pantry area somewhere. I can't really remember. One thing is sure, though, This apartment's design was something I would want to live in with my wife and daughter. But if you made me choose between this and the one in Paris, hands down the answer would be the latter.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)