Saturday, January 09, 2016

[710] That Aparment in Paris

Back in 2009 when my folks took me with them to a European vacation we spent a few days in an apartment Paris. My mom got this through a website, and I can't really remember the details. All I can remember is that the apartment was located on a street parallel to Rue Mouffetard. I think the street was Rue Lhomond.



The moment I stepped in that apartment I fell in love with it. We arrived in the morning and we were greeted by the owner and her professional cleaner (who happened to be Filipina). They were finishing up the final touches in the apartment when we arrived, I guess they weren't expecting us that early.

It's been a while since I last thought about that apartment. I don't even know why I suddenly thought about it again. That apartment is one of my dream homes. Not necessarily that specifically but the design. It is such a beautiful and practical home.

It is a rectangular house, with a second floor loft. Once you enter the door (located in the middle of the width of the house) to the left is a kitchen and the toilet. To the right is the dining table, a sofa-bed and the television. Obviously I took that spot. There is a narrow L-stairway located at the left-most part of the house that leads to the second floor loft.
Apartment in Paris
The entrance and a quaint little reading area.
Apartment in Paris
The kitchen area.
Apartment in Paris
This wall separated the "living room" from the kitchen.

Apartment in Paris
The toilet area, right beside the kitchen.

Apartment in Paris
That's the sofa bed I slept on, and to the right is the dining table.
Apartment in Paris
My little area in the apartment.
Other details, the second floor loft has two wide windows that open to see the first floor. The main doorway also has floor to ceiling windows. When you get out of the apartment you come out to a lovely courtyard.
Apartment in Paris
View of the bedroom and the entrance to the bath area from the first floor.

Upon getting to the second-floor you enter the "library" or common area. At the time there was a mattress on the floor for my folks to sleep in.Beyond that room is the only bedroom, where the friends of my folks who were travelling with us slept, and located inside is the shower room and a washing machine.
Apartment in Paris
View upon getting to the loft.
Apartment in Paris
My folks' sleeping area.

Apartment in Paris
Downstairs view from the bedroom loft.
Apartment in Paris
Washing machine, sink, bathtub.
The only issue I have with this design is that the bath area is inside the bedroom. Assuming I copy the design I'd rather have the bath area in a more accessible place. Also maybe I'd try to convert the second-floor common area into another bedroom instead for my daughter. Aside from that I love that house.

Why am I suddenly posting this? I just remembered this house and I tried remembering all I could about it. I'm also posting some photos I took of the apartment. I just regret not being able to take photos of the exterior of the apartment and the courtyard. Oh well.

Maybe for my next post I'll be reminiscing about the apartment we stayed at in Rome. That was another apartment I loved.

Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)