Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Gen 2 Rav4

I keep posting about my "dream car," and I rarely post about the current car I use. It's a 2001 Toyota Rav4, and to be honest it would take an offer I couldn't resist to stop using it.

It's the perfect city car. It has decent consumption for a fourteen year old car. It has good ride height to navigate shallow floods and deep potholes. It has decent space inside for my family. And it is just the right size for driving around Metro Manila, not that I drive around a lot.

I just wish I could afford to have it restored, for lack of a better word. It needs new rubber seals. The mags need to be refurbished. Not all strips of the rear window defogger work.

Notice I never mentioned any mechanical issues. That's because my folks and I had the mechanicals fixed last year. We gave the Rav a check up and had major issues fixed, but those were mostly mechanical. It needs a lot of aesthetic work, tint to help beat the heat, and a new head unit. That's it. And if I do get the funds to have to t fixed, I will. This car is something I wouldn't mind driving for the rest of my life, as long as I can take good care of it, as good as how it has served me.

Out.