Monday, July 13, 2015

Post Birthday Musings

Just as times change, so do my dream cars. So yes, while I still want to own a Baja Bug, I realize it will be expensive and difficult to build one. Not that any dream car I want will be easy to obtain. Take for example the latest iteration of Beetle that I want.

It's based off of the Salzburg Rallye Beetle that I read about a few years ago. I just recently remembered this car, and it is quite interesting why my taste changed from a Baja Bug to this car.

A colleague of mine at my former job told me it would be better to buy a reliable Beetle that costs a bit more than buying a really cheap Bug that needs a lot of fixing. You'll be getting a reliable car that hopefully has little to no problems, be it mechanical, electrical, or, um, physical (rust in any part of the body). And I do realize that it will be cheaper in the long run to modify a car that needs little to no repairs.

So back to the new dream bug. Why that? I was doing research and I discovered that Porsche 944 front and rear brake calipers and rotors can be fitted to a Super Beetle with little to no modifications. Great right? And what better Bug to do it to than a Super Beetle that I'd try to paint like the Salzburg Rallye Beetle.

I'd also like to add a very reliable A/C unit and some relatively modern components. Maybe even Bilstein shocks to make it as close to the Rallye Beetle as possible. Hell, if I could afford it I'd even do the engine modifications they did to the car.

The biggest difference I'd do would be with the rims. I really, really want to use RS Watanabe or Mini-lite style rims, colored red. It's just a phase I'm in right now where I want to have red rims on my ride.

Other mods I'd do would be replacing the front and rear bumpers with bent-pipe bumpers, a homage to the Baja Bug dream car of mine. I'd also "only" put two fog lamps on the front bumper. I'd also install a third brake light somewhere in the back, if not on the rear bumper maybe just above the rear windshield. And I'd also mount a rear windshield wiper. For better visibility in the rain.

That's it. I'm rambling again, and I honestly don't know how feasible this new car is for me. But a guy can dream, and that's what I'm doing right now.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)