Saturday, October 04, 2014

The Subaru XV

Yesterday I was able to drive a Subaru XV. The shop was full and we had to move some employee (and boss) cars and I was handed the keys to the XV. Now, I've always been curious about the car, and I was sort of anticipating the opportunity to try it out.

The inside is nice. Very high-tech looking, with plenty cubbyholes and cup holders. The instrument cluster had the usual speedo and tach, and there was a center mounted multi-function display that I never bothered to explore. Hey, it wasn't my car and I wasn't taking it for a test drive.

Oh, and paddle shifters.

As with most cars today though, you really can't see the end of the hood so I just had to be a little extra careful with clearance since I wasn't familiar with the car yet.

Driving it was interesting, it was responsive and well-behaved. I guess because I was usually going around 30kph looking for a vacant parking slot. But it seemed to be a decent ride. Not bumpy, not stiff, just right.

Anyway, I just posted my latest update of top five family cars. Well I think this one bumps the Suzuki SX4 off the list and takes the fifth spot. The Subaru XV 2.0i is priced at Php1,298,000.00 and the 2.0i Premium is at Php1,478,000.00. I have no idea what's different between the two since their local website doesn't say. That or I haven't found it yet.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)