Monday, September 01, 2014

Welcome the "Ber" Months

September is here.

I won't be surprised to hear Christmas Carols when I go to malls. I won't be surprised if I see a Christmas countdown on most local morning shows. That's just the way things are in the Philippines.

I'm currently listening to Billy Idol - Happy Holidays album. I guess I'm just prepping myself for the inevitable.

Not that it's a bad thing. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Traffic will get worse, for sure. Finding decent parking in malls during weekends will automatically get bad too, for some unknown reason.

Let's focus on the good things, though. From a religious point-of-view, we'll be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ again. It's the time for reunions and catching up with all our friends.

It also signals the last quarter of the year is near. Another year done, another year of personal growth and experiences that lead me on my journey of life. I have learned a lot about a lot of things since last year. And for those things, I am very grateful.

Here's the thing though, I am a negative person. I complain a lot about even the most mundane things. That's just the way I am. However, over the past year I have noticed that I am more aware of the good things around me. I see more good things, I see more beauty around me. I'm more thankful than before, and I am also a bit more optimistic than before.

I really can't remove that part of me that is a negative person / complainer. That's already in me. I just know now how to control that part better, specially around other people.

I still slip once in a while, but not as often and as bad as before. Because of that, I feel like I've improved a lot.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)