Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tartiflette

Tonight will be one of the biggest challenges in my home cooking life. Tonight I attempt to cook the French dish tartifletteWhy tartiflette? Where the hell did I discover this dish, you may ask.

It was when my folks took me along with them to a European vacation. We had dinner in a small Parisian restaurant (I don't want to assume it's a bistro, hell I'm not even sure what a bistro actually is). They had a menu in English and I saw this three-course meal that started with French onion soup, tartiflette, and a chocolate mousse. Had to go with that after reading the description of tartiflette.

So what is tartiflette? Basically from all the research I've done it involves bacon, potatoes, white wine, and the crucial ingredient - reblochon cheese. I just hope the reblochon cheese I have here still hasn't spoiled. Yes, I got me some of that amazing cheese. My folks went to Paris again this year for Christmas and this was what I asked for. Because I really want to try and re-create the tartiflette here.

Tonight, tartiflette for dinner.

Out.