Wednesday, January 09, 2013

I Can't Believe I'm Cooking More

I'm actually enjoying it. Cooking, that is.

I'd be lying if I said my food wasn't good. It is, personally. But then again, I'm the one who cooked it. My wife and folks seem to like it. But I'm guessing it's not blow-you-away like. Just pleasantly edible like. But who cares.

I cook to release stress. I cook because I like to cook. But, I cook for myself.

Remember Tali from MasterChef US Season 3? The reason he lost that tournament was because he was cooking only for himself, and not for the judges. I'm like Tali. I want to cook what I want. But that's because I'm not a professional chef. And I'm not in a contest.

I am happy that other people like what I cook. Last weekend I made fake tiramisu (fake since this isn't the authentic Italian tiramisu) for my relatives and in-laws. Two batches, one for each group. Both loved it, and both dishes of tiramisus were cleaned out. Not bad.

I'm also becoming more adventurous as I cook. I plan on creating some tartiflette this coming weekend. Tartiflette is a French dish I tasted in France. I had my mom buy me some Reblochon cheese, the specific cheese they use, from France when they were there on holiday. Just so I can risk creating some tartiflette of my own.

So wish me luck, as this Saturday I cook again.

Out.