Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Car Garage

If I were to have a one car garage, what car would I want in it? This is where I try to answer that question. Of course, my answer will most likely change in the future. Also, the fact that I have a wife and child are big things to consider. Plus I drive slow so I'm not too keen on getting hyper-fast exoticars. Actually the rides (spoiler alert, I wrote 'rides' and not 'cars') I will be writing down are spacious and practical.

  • The luxury option. A Range Rover Evoque. There's a automatic transmission, 4WD, diesel option. It's not a "hardcore" off-roader, and I don't go off-roading. The ride height is tall enough and it  looks amazing.
  • The practical, realistic option. The Toyota Innova. The diesel Innova with automatic transmission, of course. Preferably the Innova G because of the fog lamps, something I actually need when I drive at night.
  • The fun, restomod option. A classic Volkswagen Type 2 Bus. I say restomod and not restored because I'd like the bus to have modern tech inside, and hopefully better safety features. Also a better performing engine (hopefully the original engine but fixed up to improve performance) to make the bus a 21st century roadworthy vehicle.
  • The speed freak option. Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Yes, I don't drive fast but I still want this car. What model? Either the hatchback STi, or the 2004 STi. Those are my two favorite models of this car.
So those are four answers I have for the question of what car I'd have in a one car garage. I'd be happy to take any of those four cars. Although realistically the Innova would be the one I'd be most happy to own since that's the only car I'd probably be able to afford maintenance on. Then maybe the VW Bus, the STi, and finally the Evoque.

Though if I did get an Evoque, I'd probably just sell it and buy a top-of-the-line Innova. Use the change to invest in a business or just buy a house with a two-car garage.


Out.