Saturday, May 12, 2012

More Car Madness

There's a new car I really want. It's the new Prius C Four. It's basically a hybrid Toyota Yaris. If I'm not mistaken, the Prius C is the smallest Prius being offered by Toyota in the United States. The Four means it's the top-of-the-line model.

Why this car? Well, it's quite a simple answer. It's a hybrid, and it's a perfect city car. It's not that big, it looks spacious enough inside to fit me, my wife, my baby, and her nanny for our weekend trips, it has folding rear seats in case we have a lot of stuff to carry around, and being a hybrid it would actually encourage me to drive smarter and more practical. Yes, the ground clearance isn't as high as I'd like it to be for the Metro Manila streets, but it's not as if I can actually own one right now here in the Philippines.

First of all, it's not being sold here (yet?). Second, I don't make enough to be able to afford a brand new car. And finally, even if I had money to get one, it's not my priority (a place to call my own would be on top).

I've watched a couple of reviews of the Prius C online, and I've read my fair share of reviews too. And all I can say is, this car would be perfect for me. I enjoy the challenge of maximizing the fuel in the tank. I don't like driving my car like I'm on a death race versus Michael Schumacher. And I've always had a soft spot for "small" cars.

Out.