Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Revertigo"

Here is a clip of "revertigo" as explained on that wonderful TV show, How I Met Your Mother.


For those who didn't click on the link,revertigo is "when you're around someone from your past you kinda revert back to who you were when you knew them." Or, as is also mentioned in the clip, you can call it "associative regression."Meaning if you started hanging out with friends from high school you start acting like you were back in high school.


I totally subscribe to this theory. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that you don't even need to be around someone from the past to revert back to a certain behavior.


For example, recently I attended this brilliant seminar on positive attitude in the workplace. After that seminar I was on a positivity high. That soon came crashing down as I reverted to my old, negative ways.


Why am I saying this? Because I don't like it. Up to now I am making a conscious effort to try and be more positive, despite the fact that I'm basically back to almost 100% of who I was before the seminar.


But, I have retained some small bit of positivity. I have changed in some small way. Now all I have to do is to fan that small ember of positive attitude so it can burn and help me improve myself as a person.


I just hope I can push myself to actually do it.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)